Thursday, July 19, 2018

Ed Exudes Customer Service

 

Orlando Union Park Retail Associate Ed Anderson (second left) received a Letter of Appreciation for his customer service skills from Postmaster Diane Tindle (second right); Manager Customer Service Operations (MCSO) Rory Sullivan (right) and Manager, Customer Services Michelle Barresi (left). A customer completed a Retail System Software Customer Survey (below) and thanked Anderson for his compassion while serving her with her mailing needs.

When I went to the post office yesterday, I was having a horrible day. We had just lost a family member, another two were hospitalized, and I was running errands with my two distraught children, ages 9 and 2. I realized that my wallet wasn't in my diaper bag. Ed stayed to help me even though it was closing time. I was shocked when he paid for my two stamps out of his own pocket. He smiled at me and told me that he hoped I had a better day and that things would look up. I returned to the post office today to thank him for his random act of kindness. He refused to take my dollar and told me it was his pleasure to help make my day a little brighter. He is one of the kindest people I have ever met. On one of the hardest days of my life, his compassion made all the difference.

Thank you for going above and beyond, Ed!